Frequently Asked Questions
No Pinkster Tournament 2020 due to Corona virus : Refund policy
- Unless you already requested a refund, we will refund your entry fee in the next two weeks (excluding the money donated for the Outreach Program).
- When you have paid via Paypal, the refund will be done via Paypal. When you have paid via a bank transfer, we will wire the refund to the bank account of which you paid the fees.
When starts the registration for the Pinkster Tournament 2021 Master edition (21 -24 May 2021)?
You can register for this tournament from February 14th (Valentines day) 2021 at the GLTA site.
This is my first GLTA tournament. What do I have to do first?
I cannot log on the GLTA site
Sometimes it may happen that you cannot login.
To solve this, you can try one of the following options:
- Press Ctrl-F5 (Internet Explorer and Firefox) or Shift-F5 in the browser to reload the current page.
- You can retrieve your account name and/or reset your password, to be sure you are using the right login and password.
- It could be that an “Internet Security” program block’s Java-scripts and/or cookies. Then lift the blockade or (temporarily) stop that specific program.
- Always install the latest version and updates of the browser you are using.
- Try to login by clicking on the login-button or by using [Enter] after you filled the Login name and password.
- Try to login via a different browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari), that solves the problems as a result of caching by the browser.
What is my GLTA-level / ranking?
There are times during the tournament when I won't be able to play
My partner has a different ranking than me. In which level should I register?
If my doubles or mixed partner has a stronger ranking, what ranking counts?
I want to play mixed or doubles, but I don't have a tennispartner
Poules (round robin), elimination rounds, consolation
All singles will be played in elimination rounds. All single matches will be the best of 3 sets with a tiebreak at 6-6. And a supertiebreak in lieu of a third set. If you lose your first match, please enlist immediately at the tournament desk for consolotation rounds (at Amstelpark on indoor hardcourts)
- Doubles / Mix
All doubles will be played in poules / Round Robin. Since we want everyone to be able to play two matches the tournament directors reserve the right to adjust poules at any time to deal with cancellations
- Consolation rounds are open to all players who lost the first match in the singles events. There are no consolation matches for the round robin events
- Consolation round matches will be played indoors at Amstelpark
- You need to sign up for consolation rounds. You can sign up at the tournament desk immediately after you lost your first match.
Note: If you don’t sign up, you cannot play in the consolation rounds!
- Consolation matches are to be played as 8 game pro-sets, with a tiebreak at 8-8.
Did you read the GLTA tournament regulations?
No? Please do! Read the GLTA tournament regulations
How do I pay for the tournament?
International participants: These can be made online while registering via PayPal or you can also pay the fee by bank transfer.
Participants from the Netherlands: Please pay by bank transfer and NOT via Paypal.
IBAN number: NL17 INGB 0007013396
Account name: Smashing Pink, Amsterdam, NL
BIC number: INGBNL2A
Bank Name: ING, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Payment reference: [Your name] + Pinkster 2020
*If you pay by bank transfer please calculate the total amount at the end of your registration and pay within 7 days*
• First event € 59,50
• Second event € 23,00
• Dinner and Party € 27,50
See also the payment instructions on the GLTA.
When and where is the dinner | party?
The dinner | party takes place on Saturday evening/night at the tennis venue.
After the tennis matches we will enjoy a delicious dinner, and we can dance and party till the early morning.
Keep an eye on the website for more information.
Please arrange you stay in Amsterdam early. Amsterdam is quite crowded during Pentacost. You have to make early reservations for a hotel. Unfortunately, we have only limited hosted housing.
For hotels or other accomodations, look at some options on the right.
Question? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens when it rains?
I have read it all, but still have a question
I send in the registration form but I don't see my name on the GLTA website?
When your registration has been processed, your name will appear on the GLTA tournament site. This may take some time. We publish new registrations once or twice a week, so just be a little patient. Thank you!
If your name is listed ‘PENDING’, your payment has not yet been received. Payment needs to be received within 7 days after sending in your registration form.
Where to sleep and other tips
We only have very limited capacity for hosted housing. And…Lots of tourists visit Amsterdam during Pentacost. Therefore, book your accomodation early. Please have a look at the following options. Most hotels know where to rent bikes.
- Hotel Olympic – DISCOUNT 10% – Participants Pinkster Tournament get a 10% discount. Go to www.olympichotel.nl and book with discount code SMASH
- Hotel The Neighbour’s Magnolia
- The Collector – Bed and Breakfast Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Forest Amsterdam
- Grand Hotel Amstelveen
- easyHotel Amsterdam City Centre South (hotel has bike rental)
- Ibis Budget Hotel Amsterdam Airport
- Ibis Budget Hotel Amsterdam City South (Amstelveen)
- Qbic Hotel WTC Amsterdam
- Budget Hotel Hortus
- Vivaldi Hotel
- Hotel Motel Amsterdam
- Trainlodge hostel
- The Student Hotel
- WOW Hostel Amsterdam
- Airbnb Amsterdam
- Bed and breakfast Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Bed and Breakfast
- MrBandB Amsterdam (Bed and Breakfast)
- Low budget option: Campsite Amsterdamse Bos: international camping & hostel (caravans/chalets/cabins/bike rental))
- Boerententencamping (Small campsite by the Amstel with caravans and tents)
(ask your hotel manager about bike rental options)
If you can not find the information you need, please send an email to email@example.com