Frequently Asked Questions
When starts the registration for the Pinkster Tournament?
You can register for this tournament from 1 March 2017 till 13 May 2017
This is my first GLTA tournament. What do I have to do first?
I cannot login on the GLTA site
What is my GLTA-level?
There are times during the tournament when I won't be able to play
We are sorry to say we cannot accommodate conflicting commitments. Reason is that 300 participants will play around 500 matches in 4 days! Planning is quite challenging and therefore we ask you to be available during all 4 days of the tournament hours. The tournament starts Friday morning. Thank you for your cooperation!
My partner has a different ranking than me. In which level should I register?
If my doubles or mixed partner has a stronger ranking, what ranking counts?
I want to play mixed or doubles, but I don't have a tennispartner
Poules (round robin), elimination rounds, consolation
All singles will be played in elimination rounds. All single matches will be the best of 3 sets with a tiebreak at 6-6. If you lose your first match, please enlist immediately at the tournament desk for consolotation rounds (at Amstelpark on indoor hardcourts)
- Doubles / Mix
All doubles will be played in poules / Round Robin. Since we want everyone to be able to play two matches the tournament directors reserve the right to adjust poules at any time to deal with cancellations
- Consolation rounds are open to all players who lost the first match in the singles events. There are no consolation matches for the round robin events
- Consolation round matches will be played indoors at Amstelpark
- You need to sign up for consolation rounds. You can sign up at the tournament desk immediately after you lost your first match.
Note: If you don’t sign up, you cannot play in the consolation rounds!
- Matches in the consolation rounds will be played as best of three sets, match tie break (till 10) in lieu of third set
Did you read the GLTA tournament regulations?
No? Please do! Read the GLTA tournament regulations
(SP member discount € 5)
|Second event||€ 19,-
|T-shirt (AFTER April 15, YOU CAN NOT ORDER T-SHIRTS)||€ 10,-
|Diner & Party Saturday
||€ 5,- (per unit)
How do I pay for the tournament?
After sending in the registration form, please calculate the amount you need to pay. Here you can read everything about payments!
- Your registration is only final when your payment has been received, otherwise your registration is ‘pending’
- When your payment has not been received by 16 May 2017, you will be wait-listed
Can I pay via PayPal?
In case you have to withdraw from the tournament, a refund will be made untill 13 May.
If you withdraw after 13 May 2017 for whatever reason no refunds will be made! Sorry!
I send in the registration form but I don't see my name on the GLTA website?
When your registration has been processed, your name will appear on the GLTA tournament site. This may take some time. We publish new registrations once or twice a week, so just be a little patient. Thank you!
If your name is listed ‘PENDING’, your payment has not yet been received. Payment needs to be received within 7 days after sending in your registration form. When your payment has not been received by 16 May 2017, you will be wait-listed
I want to order a t-shirt
When and where is the dinner | party?
The dinner | party takes place on Saturday evening/night 3 June as from 18 hrs till ca. 02.30 hrs.
After the tennis matches we will enjoy a delicious dinner, there will be a surprise act and we can dance and party till the early morning.
The party location is at Macy’s, (Amstelveenseweg 266, near Haarlemmermeerstation, website)
SORRY, dinner/party tickets SOLD OUT
I have already registered but I forgot to order my tournament t-shirt
You can only order your T shirt until 15 April 2017. Before this date you can alter your registration and add a T shirt plus size. After that date, ordering is not possible anymore. The T shirts need to be ordered, produced and shipped. If you are lucky, you can try to buy a T-shirt at the venue during the tournament but we only sell a limited number of T-shirts, and the price will be Euro 15
I have registered but I forgot to order my ticket for dinner and party
You can always change your registration and add a dinner ticket until May 13 2017. If you want to buy a dinner ticket after May 13, please send an email to email@example.com.
SORRY, dinner tickets SOLD OUT
Dinnner/party ticket without playing tennis
Sorry, SOLD OUT
Please arrange you stay in Amsterdam early. Amsterdam is quite crowded during Pentacost. You have to make early reservations for a hotel. Unfortunately, we have only limited hosted housing. Look at some options on the right..
Question? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens when it rains?
I have read it all, but still have a question
Where to sleep and other tips
We only have very limited capacity for hosted housing. And…Lots of tourists visit Amsterdam during Pentacost. Therefore, book your accomodation early. Please have a look at the following options. Most hotels know where to rent bikes.
- Hotel The Neighbour’s Magnolia (Proud sponsor)
- The Collector – Bed and Breakfast Amsterdam (Proud sponsor)
- Conscious Hotels
- Amsterdam Forest Amsterdam
- Grand Hotel Amstelveen
- easyHotel Amsterdam City Centre South (hotel has bike rental)
- Ibis Budget Hotel Amsterdam Airport
- Ibis Budget Hotel Amsterdam City South (Amstelveen)
- Qbic Hotel WTC Amsterdam
- Budget Hotel Hortus
- Vivaldi Hotel
- Hotel Motel Amsterdam
- Trainlodge hostel
- The Student Hotel
- WOW Hostel Amsterdam
- Airbnb Amsterdam
- Bed and breakfast Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Bed and Breakfast
- MrBandB Amsterdam (Bed and Breakfast)
- Low budget option: Campsite Amsterdamse Bos: international camping & hostel (caravans/chalets/cabins/bike rental))
- Boerententencamping (Small campsite by the Amstel with caravans and tents)
(ask your hotel manager about bike rental options)
- Route | Public transport
- Amsterdam City Card
- IAmsterdam (and information on public transport)
If you can not find the information you need, please send an email to email@example.com