Frequently Asked Questions
When starts the registration for the Pinkster Tournament?
You can register for this tournament from February 14th (Valentines day) 2018 from 14pm at the GLTA site
This is my first GLTA tournament. What do I have to do first?
In case you never played a GLTA tournament before you need to register at GLTA first to get a GLTA number. You need this number to register for the Pinkster Tournament. You can register here.
I cannot login on the GLTA site
What is my GLTA-level?
There are times during the tournament when I won't be able to play
My partner has a different ranking than me. In which level should I register?
If my doubles or mixed partner has a stronger ranking, what ranking counts?
I want to play mixed or doubles, but I don't have a tennispartner
Poules (round robin), elimination rounds, consolation
All singles will be played in elimination rounds. All single matches will be the best of 3 sets with a tiebreak at 6-6. And a supertiebreak in lieu of a third set. If you lose your first match, please enlist immediately at the tournament desk for consolotation rounds (at Amstelpark on indoor hardcourts)
- Doubles / Mix
All doubles will be played in poules / Round Robin. Since we want everyone to be able to play two matches the tournament directors reserve the right to adjust poules at any time to deal with cancellations
- Consolation rounds are open to all players who lost the first match in the singles events. There are no consolation matches for the round robin events
- Consolation round matches will be played indoors at Amstelpark
- You need to sign up for consolation rounds. You can sign up at the tournament desk immediately after you lost your first match.
Note: If you don’t sign up, you cannot play in the consolation rounds!
- Consolation matches are to be played as 8 game pro-sets, with a tiebreak at 8-8.
Did you read the GLTA tournament regulations?
No? Please do! Read the GLTA tournament regulations
How do I pay for the tournament?
Go to GLTA site and follow payment instructions.
I send in the registration form but I don't see my name on the GLTA website?
When your registration has been processed, your name will appear on the GLTA tournament site. This may take some time. We publish new registrations once or twice a week, so just be a little patient. Thank you!
If your name is listed ‘PENDING’, your payment has not yet been received. Payment needs to be received within 7 days after sending in your registration form.
I want to order a t-shirt
You can order your T-Shirt in your size when you register.
When and where is the dinner | party?
The dinner | party takes place on Saturday evening/night May 19th at tennis venue, as from 18 hrs till ca. 02.30 hrs.
After the tennis matches we will enjoy a delicious dinner, and we can dance and party till the early morning.
Please arrange you stay in Amsterdam early. Amsterdam is quite crowded during Pentacost. You have to make early reservations for a hotel. Unfortunately, we have only limited hosted housing. Look at some options on the right..
Question? Please send an email to email@example.com
What happens when it rains?
Rain scenario: In the event of rain, the tournament organization will decide for the rain scenario. In that case, all matches will be played indoors at the venue (Amstelpark indoor hardcourts) and in case of necessity (determined by tournament directors) at other venues.
I have read it all, but still have a question
Where to sleep and other tips
We only have very limited capacity for hosted housing. And…Lots of tourists visit Amsterdam during Pentacost. Therefore, book your accomodation early. Please have a look at the following options. Most hotels know where to rent bikes.
- Hotel The Neighbour’s Magnolia
- The Collector – Bed and Breakfast Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Forest Amsterdam
- Grand Hotel Amstelveen
- easyHotel Amsterdam City Centre South (hotel has bike rental)
- Ibis Budget Hotel Amsterdam Airport
- Ibis Budget Hotel Amsterdam City South (Amstelveen)
- Qbic Hotel WTC Amsterdam
- Budget Hotel Hortus
- Vivaldi Hotel
- Hotel Motel Amsterdam
- Trainlodge hostel
- The Student Hotel
- WOW Hostel Amsterdam
- Airbnb Amsterdam
- Bed and breakfast Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Bed and Breakfast
- MrBandB Amsterdam (Bed and Breakfast)
- Low budget option: Campsite Amsterdamse Bos: international camping & hostel (caravans/chalets/cabins/bike rental))
- Boerententencamping (Small campsite by the Amstel with caravans and tents)
(ask your hotel manager about bike rental options)
If you can not find the information you need, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org